Skin Rejuvenation solutions have the power to eliminate the signs of aging and restore a fresh, flowing and youthful look to your skin. Also known as photo-facials, Skin Rejuvenation intensive treatments simultaneously treat the 3 elements of sun-damaged, environmentally polluted and aging skin. Shrink blood vessels, eliminate sun spots and large pores, reduce smaller lines, all while refining the skin's texture. Rejuvenate the face, neck and chest for a brighter, more illuminated skin tone without any down-time.
To learn more, please book a private, complimentary Medi-Beauty consultation with one of our IPL-certified therapists to discuss your desired goals and customize an IPL regime to achieve your best results. Optimal results are seen between 6 to 8 treatments.
Please note: prices are quoted upon your consultation.
With a new combined four technologies treatment, which safely penetrate the skin using Intense Pulsed Light (IPL), Radio Frequency (RF) and Infrared (IR) together with the latest laser technology, you can expect immediate, long lasting results in just a few visits.
The balanced mix of treatments effectively reduce wrinkles and pigmentation, tightens skin and makes you look younger.
Skin Rejuvenation benefits include:
- - Wrinkle reduction
- - Smoother, younger, brighter looking skin
- - Helps clear up hyper-pigmentation and shrink broken blood vessels
- - Reduces large pores and eliminates sun spots
- - Acne Scarring
- - Non-invasive and relatively painless treatments featuring a unique cooling tip for extra comfort
- - No downtime
- - Safe, state-of-the-art technology
- - Highest level of care & one-on-one attention from our Medi-Beauty certified therapists
Here are a few frequently asked questions about Skin Rejuvenation:
- What is Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)?
- Pulsed light systems use hand-held flash lamps that emit gentle pulses of light which are absorbed in the skin. The treatment stimulates the growth of collagen and gives the skin a fresh and youthful look.
- How does light-based technology work?
- Light-based technology is based on a method called "selective photothermolysis", which works by selective destruction of a specific target without damaging surrounding tissue. When treating textural complaints such as fine wrinkles and large pores, the light stimulate the growth of collagen which makes the skin glow. New collagen production means skin feels firmer and tauter, with a more youthful appearance.
- What are RF and IR?
- Radio frequency (RF) and Infrared light (IR) use different types of energy to heat the different skin layers and provide a controlled tissue response.
- What are the benefits of using four solutions?
- Using the Erbium laser solution, together with the IPL, RF, and IR technologies, allows deep, yet safe penetration into the multiple skin layers, subsequently remodeling collagen, tightening skin and improving scars. In addition, it ensure immediate, long lasting results in just a few visits.
- Do all treatments utilize the 4 technologies (Laser, IR, RF, IPL)?
- No. It depends mainly on the patients' skin and the degree of aging. It is possible to use each technology individually or to combine 3-4 of them when necessary.
- Are Skin Rejuvenation treatments painful?
- No. During the procedure, a slight, momentary stinging sensation like a quick "snap" may be felt, but not pain. The cooling tip significantly decreases discomfort.
- Are Skin Rejuvenation treatments safe for any age?
- All pulsed-light treatments are non-invasive and safe for any age, with minimum side-effects.
- How many treatments are required?
- Although results are already apparent after the very first treatment, a minimum of 3 treatment sessions are recommended in order to reach visible clear results.
- How long does a skin rejuvenation treatment take?
- Around 30 to 60 minutes depending on the technology used.
- Am I a good candidate for Skin Rejuvenation treatments?
- The best way to know if Skin Rejuvenation is right for you is to come in for a complimentary consultation with one of our Medi-Beauty therapists. IPL is a safe option for clients because of the non-invasive nature of the treatments. Because the pulsed light is attracted to red and brown pigments, IPL is not recommended for those with a dark complexion as treatment may result in hypo-pigmentation (uneven loss of colour in the skin).
- Is there any specific care I should be taking of my skin while having IPL treatments?
- Yes. It is essential that clients administer a strict regimen of sun protection as sun exposure can cause increased inflammation and pigmentation in treated area. Your Medi-Beauty therapist will also inform you of any and all care instructions during your complimentary consultation.
Client comfort, privacy and confidentiality are of primary importance to Friends Salon and Spa. We will be happy to share client-approved results of treatment during your one-on-one consultation.